The Emotional Organization: Passions and Power
February 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
This landmark collection is exclusively devoted to demonstrating/mapping (what is understood today about the power and structural effects of emotion and identity in organizations. Essays at the leading edge of research reveal the influence of workplace cultures, power, and institutional expectations, while also exploring the negative impacts of emotion management in the workplace.
- Brings together an international group of cutting-edge researchers to write critically about emotion in different organizational and cultural settings
- Includes research on policy, change, management and professional practice
- Exposes the influence of workplace cultures, power and institutional expectations on emotion
- Reveals the darker and oppressive features of emotion management in organizations
- Applies recent critical organizational theory to emotion.