Introducing Maya 2011
Four previous editions can’t be wrong: this book is the perfect introduction to 3D and Maya. Learn to build and animate your own digital models and scenes with step-by-step instruction and fun and practical examples, while you draw inspiration from the striking examples included from talented Maya users. You’ll create a simple animation of the planets in the solar system, learn to model a human hand and a decorative boxamong other projectsand master all essential tools.
- Provides a thorough, step-by-step introduction to Maya 2011
- Explains the core concepts of CG and working in 3D
- Covers modeling, rigging, HDRI lighting, mental ray rendering, and more
- Provides project files on CD and walks you through the creation of several projects; the CD also includes images, movies, and scene files
- Includes a color insert with pages of striking examples from talented Maya beginners
Build your Maya and animation skills from the ground up with this practical, thorough guide.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
For Instructors: Teaching supplements are available for this title.
2. Jumping In Headfirst, With Both Feet.
3. The Maya 2011 Interface.
4. Beginning Polygonal Modeling.
5. Modeling With Nurbs, Subdivisions, and Deformers.
6. Practical Experience.
7. Maya Shading and Texturing.
8. Introduction to Animation.
9. More Animation!
10. Maya Lighting.
11. Maya Rendering.
12. Maya Dynamics and Effects.