Construction Management JumpStart: The Best First Step Toward a Career in Construction Management, 2nd Edition
The construction management industry is expected to increase employment by 16 percent over the next decade. This second edition of a bestselling introduction to construction management walks you through each stage of the construction management process.
Written from the constructor's perspective, this book will familiarize you with all the construction management fundamentals and how Building Information Modeling (BIM) is impacting the construction management profession.
- Covers interoperability of technology advances in the construction industry
- Explains how BIM is challenging the traditional approach to project delivery and how this affects the constructor's role
- Elaborates each stage of the design and construction process and the tasks associated with each of them
- Shows step-by-step how to estimate project costs, administer contracts, manage job site and construction operations, plan and schedule a project, monitor project performance, manage project quality and safety, and assess project risks
- Provides review questions at the end of each chapter to help enforce understanding
The tried-and-true project management principles presented in this book will help ensure you a successful start to your career.
Chapter 1 The Construction Industry.
Chapter 2 What Is Construction Management?
Chapter 3 How We Get the Work.
Chapter 4 The Construction Contract.
Chapter 5 Project Stages.
Chapter 6 Estimating Project Costs.
Chapter 7 Contract Administration.
Chapter 8 Construction Operations and Job Site Management.
Chapter 9 Project Planning and Scheduling.
Chapter 10 Monitoring Project Performance.
Chapter 11 Managing Quality and Safety.
Chapter 12 Managing Project Risks.
Chapter 13 Building Information Modeling.
Appendix A Common Acronyms Used in Construction.
Appendix B Answers to Review Questions.