Spatial Analysis Along Networks: Statistical and Computational Methods
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Each chapter illustrates a specific technique, from Stochastic Point Processes on a Network and Network Voronoi Diagrams, to Network K-function and Point Density Estimation Methods, and the Network Huff Model. The authors also discuss and illustrate the undertaking of the statistical tests described in a Geographical Information System (GIS) environment as well as demonstrating the user-friendly free software package SANET.
Spatial Analysis Along Networks:
- Presents a much-needed practical guide to statistical spatial analysis of events on and alongside a network, in a logical, user-friendly order.
- Introduces the preliminary methods involved, before detailing the advanced, computational methods, enabling the readers a complete understanding of the advanced topics.
- Dedicates a separate chapter to each of the major techniques involved.
- Demonstrates the practicalities of undertaking the tests described in the book, using a GIS.
- Is supported by a supplementary website, providing readers with a link to the free software package SANET, so they can execute the statistical methods described in the book.
Students and researchers studying spatial statistics, spatial analysis, geography, GIS, OR, traffic accident analysis, criminology, retail marketing, facility management and ecology will benefit from this book.