The Stochastic Perturbation Method for Computational Mechanics
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Stochastic Perturbation Method in Applied Sciences and Engineering is devoted to the theoretical aspects and computational implementation of the generalized stochastic perturbation technique. It is based on any order Taylor expansions of random variables and enables for determination of up to fourth order probabilistic moments and characteristics of the physical system response.
- Provides a grounding in the basic elements of statistics and probability and reliability engineering
- Describes the Stochastic Finite, Boundary Element and Finite Difference Methods, formulated according to the perturbation method
- Demonstrates dual computational implementation of the perturbation method with the use of Direct Differentiation Method and the Response Function Method
- Accompanied by a website (www.wiley.com/go/kaminski) with supporting stochastic numerical software
- Covers the computational implementation of the homogenization method for periodic composites with random and stochastic material properties
- Features case studies, numerical examples and practical applications
Stochastic Perturbation Method in Applied Sciences and Engineering is a comprehensive reference for researchers and engineers, and is an ideal introduction to the subject for postgraduate and graduate students.