Extraction Techniques in Analytical Sciences
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
The topics covered include:
- Initial steps for solid, aqueous and air sampling.
- Extraction techniques for aqueous samples, including LLE, purge and trap, SPE, SPME, SBSE, SDME, membrane microextraction and MPES.
- Extraction techniques for solid samples, including Soxhlet, 'Soxtec', Shake-flask, sonication, PFE, MAE, SFE and MSPD.
- Extraction techniques for air sampling, including whole air, enrichment approaches and desorption techniques.
- Pre-concentration approaches for post-extraction.
- Practical aspects for chromatographic analysis (GC and HPLC) of organic compounds.
- Quality assurance aspects of analysis.
- Health and safety considerations.
Key features include:
- Up-to-date information on the latest development in extraction techniques for organic compounds in environmental and food matrices.
- Ideal for use as a self-study guide, as the basis of a taught course or guided reading for new 'early-career' researchers.
- Includes a guide for the reader to other sources of information.
Extraction Techniques in Analytical Sciences is suitable for undergraduate and postgraduate students, as well as providing an invaluable starting point for individuals undertaking applied research in the fields of analytical, bioanalytical, environmental and food sciences.
The Analytical Techniques in the Sciences series of books provides coverage of all of the major analytical techniques and their application in the most important areas of physical, life and materials science. Each text is presented in an open learning/distance learning style, in which the learning objectives are clearly identified. the reader's understanding of the material is constantly evaluated by the use of self-assessment and discussion questions.