Identity in Modern Society: A Social Psychological Perspective
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
This book is a social psychological inquiry into identity in modern society.
- Starts from the social psychological premise that identity results from interaction in the social world.
- Reviews and integrates the most influential strands of contemporary social psychology research on identity.
- Brings together North American and European perspectives on social psychology.
- Incorporates insights from philosophy, cognitive neuroscience, psychology, cultural studies, anthropology and sociology.
- Places social identity research in a variety of real-life social contexts.