Why Science Matters: Understanding the Methods of Psychological Research
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
Why Science Matters: Understanding the Methods of Psychological Research rises above standard research methods texts by presenting an up-to-date view of contemporary psychological science as it is currently understood and practiced.
- Explores not only the procedural aspects of psychological research, but also delves into the issue of how to accomplish effective science.
- Explicates how hypotheses and theories are to be evaluated.
- Suggests that the proper approach to devising and evaluating theories is by abduction, not by induction or deduction alone.
- Incorporates new investigatory procedures, current methodologists, conflicts and issues, implications of the philosophy of science, and a lively prose style.
- Provides a picture of science that will engage students and expand their abilities as both scientists and psychologists.