Trial of the Witnesses: The Rise and Decline of Postliberal Theology
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
The much-discussed notion of Postliberal theology developed from the writings of two theologians at Yale University, Hans Frei and George Lindbeck.
- An analysis and critique of the much-discussed idea of postliberal theology
- Provides an overview of postliberalism and the controversies which resulted
- Compares the writings of theologians Hans Frei and George Lindbeck, from which postliberal theology developed, and uncovers important differences in their thought
- Reconceptualizes these thinkers’ contributions to contemporary theological discussion
- Published in the prestigious Challenges in Contemporary Theology series.