Art's Agency and Art History
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
List of Illustrations.
Notes on Contributors.
1. Introduction: Art and Agency and Art History: Jeremy Tanner (University College London ) and Robin Osborne (University of Cambridge).
2. Enchantment and Sacrifice in Early Egypt: David Wengrow (University College London).
3. Agency Marked, Agency Ascribed: The Affective Object in Ancient Mesopotamia: Irene J. Winter (Harvard University).
4. Portraits and Agency: A Comparative View: Jeremy Tanner (University College London).
5. The Agency of, and the Agency for, the Wanli Emperor: Jessica Rawson (University of Oxford).
6. The Material Efficacy of the Elizabethan Jeweled Miniature: a Gellian Experiment: Jessen Kelly (University of California at Berkeley).
7. Representational Art in Ancient Peru and the Work of Alfred Gell: Jeffrey Quilter (Peabody Museum, Harvard).
8. Gell's Idols and Roman Cult: Peter Stewart (Courtauld Institute of Art in London).
9. Sex, Agency, and History: the Case of Athenian Painted Pottery: Robin Osborne (University of Cambridge).
10. Abducting the Agency of Art: Whitney Davis (University of California at Berkeley).