Earthquake Resistant Design and Risk Reduction, 2nd Edition
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
New topics include the creation of low-damage structures and the spatial distribution of ground shaking near large fault ruptures. Sections on guidance for developing countries, response of buildings to differential settlement in liquefaction, performance-based and displacement-based design and the architectural aspects of earthquake resistant design are heavily revised.
- Outlines individual national weaknesses that contribute to earthquake risk to people and property
- Calculates the seismic response of soils and structures, using the structural continuum “Subsoil – Substructure – Superstructure – Non–structure”
- Evaluates the effectiveness of given design and construction procedures for reducing casualties and financial losses
- Provides guidance on the key issue of choice of structural form
- Presents earthquake resistant design methods for the main four structural materials – steel, concrete, reinforced masonry and timber – as well as for services equipment, plant and non-structural architectural components
- Contains a chapter devoted to problems involved in improving (retrofitting) the existing built environment
This book is an invaluable reference and guiding tool to practising civil and structural engineers and architects, researchers and postgraduate students in earthquake engineering and engineering seismology, local governments and risk management officials.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Earthquake Resistant Design and Risk Reduction, 2nd Edition (US $160.00)
-and- Mechanics of Rubber Bearings for Seismic and Vibration Isolation (US $125.00)
Total List Price: US $285.00
Discounted Price: US $213.75 (Save: US $71.25)