The Chinese Tao of Business: The Logic of Successful Business Strategy
The Chinese Tao of Business offers guidance to compete successfully against local companies and in foreign markets through:
- Unique insights into Chinese bus iness strategy, including its origins and influencing factors;
- Insightful perspectives on the evolution of China’s market and business environments;
- Incisive analysis of Eastern and Western strategic decision-making styles and how they differ;
- Cogent identification of hidden and overt threats, pitfalls and opportunities that Western companies face in China and how to plan for them;
- Effective direction through an Adaptive-Action Road Map (ARM) for successful business strategies in China and the global economy.
About the Authors.
PART 1: THE CIVILIZATION CHASM.
Chapter 1. Understanding the Civilization Chasm.
PART 2: THE ANCESTRY OF CHINESE STRATEGY.
Chapter 2. Economic and Ethical Roots of Chinese Strategy.
Chapter 3. The Historical Roots of Chinese Business.
Chapter 4. The Legal Roots of Chinese Strategy.
Chapter 5. The Roots of the Networks.
PART 3: EASTERN VS. WESTERN STRATEGIC PLANNING.
Chapter 6. The Components of Chinese Strategy.
Chapter 7. Evaluating Chinese Strategy.
Chapter 8. Strategically Evaluating Western Strategy.
PART 4: TRAVELING TOWARDS STRATEGIC CONVERGENCE.
Chapter 9. A Unified Model of Strategic Planning.
Chapter 10. The Silk Road of Strategic Planning.
Appendix A: List of Interviewees.
Appendix B: Bibliography.
Usha C. V. Haley (PhD, New York University) is Professor of Management at the University of New Haven in the USA . She consults on strategic management and foreign direct investment with several corporations worldwide, and her research has been profiled extensively in the major business media such as the Wall Street Journal and the Economist. She has published more than 90 journal and research articles and 6 books on international and Asian business issues. She can be contacted at email@example.com or tel/fax 212-208-2468.
Chin Tiong Tan (PhD, Pennsylvania State University) is the Provost of Singapore Management University in Singapore. A business advisor and consultant, and active in management development, Professor Tan has worked with companies like Singapore Airlines, Standard Chartered Bank, Swiss Bank Corporation, Inchcape, and Motorola. He is on the Board of Directors of several listed companies and has published more than 60 journal papers and co-authored many books.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
The Chinese Tao of Business: The Logic of Successful Business Strategy (US $29.95)
Total List Price: US $49.90
Discounted Price: US $37.42 (Save: US $12.48)