Microwaves and Metals
November 2007, ©2007
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Gupta and Wong have written this comprehensive text to introduce readers to the world of microwaves and the interaction of microwaves with metals and metals-based formulations. The authors have combined numerous research results from a wide range of sources alongside their own work in the field. Also included are overviews of microwave heating of other non-metal materials and the equipment used for microwave-assisted metallurgy. With microwave techniques poised for widespread adoption, Microwaves and Metals is an essential text for all metallurgists and materials engineers.
- Provides a thorough grounding in microwave fundamentals and their application to metals processing
- Informs readers of the latest developments in the field
- Presents a convenient single source for all aspects of microwave processing of metals and materials
- Contains liberal illustration to compare and benchmark research results
- Introduces all the necessary equipment, preparing readers for real-world practice
Microwaves and Metals is ideal for a post-graduate or advanced undergraduate course in materials science or metallurgy. Materials and metallurgical engineers in industry, who are keen on cheaper, faster techniques, will also benefit from this book.