Spectral Element Method in Structural Dynamics
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
- Presents all aspects of SEM in one volume, both theory and applications
- Helps students and professionals master associated theories, modeling processes, and analysis methods
- Demonstrates where and how to apply SEM in practice
- Introduces real-world examples across a variety of structures
- Shows how models can be used to evaluate the accuracy of other solution methods
- Cross-checks against solutions obtained by conventional FEM and other solution methods
- Comes with downloadable code examples for independent practice
Spectral Element Method in Structural Dynamics can be used by graduate students of aeronautical, civil, naval architectures, mechanical, structural and biomechanical engineering. Researchers in universities, technical institutes, and industries will also find the book to be a helpful reference highlighting SEM applications to various engineering problems in areas of structural dynamics, wave propagations, and other related subjects. The book can also be used by students, professors, and researchers who want to learn more efficient and more accurate computational methods useful for their research topics from all areas of engineering, science and mathematics, including the areas of computational mechanics and numerical methods.