Building Control with Passive Dampers: Optimal Performance-based Design for Earthquakes
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
- The first book on optimal design, sizing, and location selection of passive dampers
- Combines theory and practical applications
- Describes step-by-step how to obtain optimal damper size and placement
- Covers the state-of-the-art in optimal design of passive control
- Integrates the most reliable techniques in the top literature and used in practice worldwide
- Written by a recognized expert in the area
- MATLAB code examples available from the book’s Companion Website
This book is essential for post-graduate students, researchers, and design consultants involved in building control. Professional engineers and advanced undergraduates interested in seismic design, as well as mechanical engineers looking for vibration damping techniques, will also find this book a helpful reference.
Code examples available at www.wiley.com/go/takewaki
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Building Control with Passive Dampers: Optimal Performance-based Design for Earthquakes (US $177.00)
-and- Earthquake Resistant Design and Risk Reduction, 2nd Edition (US $160.00)
Total List Price: US $337.00
Discounted Price: US $252.75 (Save: US $84.25)