The Brutal Truth About Asian Branding: And How to Break the Vicious Cycle
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
1. A Time of Profound Change.
The old world order.
The new world order.
The rest of Asia.
Toll-gates and vision.
2. Five Reasons Why There are Very Few Great Asian brands.
1. Myopic CEO leadership.
2. Corporate culture is by default, rather than by design.
3. Charlatan brand practitioners.
4. Performance of government agencies.
5. Advertising agencies’ lack of branding competencies.
3. Redefining Brand, Branding, and Advertising.
Brand and branding: Thinking differently.
Branding made easy: The People Analogy.
The brand blueprint.
The brand proposition.
The relationship between branding and advertising.
Overview of the business and branding flowchart.
Business goals and business strategy.
The role of corporate guiding principles.
Summary: Charting the road to a successful business
5. Brand Strategy.
If you don’t make a choice, the choice makes you.
Focused target audience.
Ability to innovate and stay relevant.
CEO involvement and leadership.
Employee involvement and commitment.
Intelligent brand architecture.
CSR: The new branding imperative.
6. Methodology instead of Mythology.
Positioning or repositioning?
Preparing for a (positioning or repositioning) branding project.
The strategy-centric brand development methodology.
Costing the project proposal.
7. Brand into Action: Delivering against Your Promise.
Be careful what you promise.
Making the brand come alive.
The future is here.
Caught up in a good thing.
The "Asian/Chinese Century".
Everything is connected; the rest is conceptual.
Summary: Tomorrow’s Asian CEO today.