Developments in Block Copolymer Science and Technology
Ian Hamley is the world-leading scientist in the field of block copolymer research
Presents the recent advances in the area, covering chemistry, physics and applications.
- Provides a broad coverage from synthesis to fundamental physics through to applications
- Examines the potential of block copolymers in nanotechnology as self-assembling soft materials
1. Introduction to Block Copolymers (Ian W. Hamley).
2. Recent Developments in Synthesis of Model Block Copolymers using Ionic Polymerisation (Kristoffer Almdal).
3. Syntheses and Characterizations of Block Copolymers Prepared via Controlled Radical Polymerization Methods (Pan Cai-yuan and Hong Chun-yan).
4. Melt Behaviour of Block Copolymers (Shinichi Sakurai, Shigeru Okamoto and Kazuo Sakurai).
5. Phase Behavior of Block Copolymer Blends (Richard J. Spontak and Nikunj P. Patel).
6. Crystallization within Block Copolymer Mesophases (Yueh-Lin Loo and Richard A. Register).
7. Dynamical Microphase Modelling with Mesodyn (JG.E.M. Fraaije, G.J.A. Sevink and A.V. Zvelindovsky).
8. Self-consistent Field Theory of Block Copolymers (An-Chang Shi).
9. Lithography with Self-assembled Block Copolymer Microdomains (Christopher Harrison, John A. Dagata and Douglas H. Adamson).
10. Applications of Block Copolymer Surfactants (Michael W. Edens and Robert H. Whitmarsh).
11. The Development of Elastomers Based on Fully Hydrogenated Styrene–Diene Block Copolymers (Calvin P. Esneault, Stephen F. Hahn and Gregory F. Meyers).
"This book would be ideal for any polymerist working in the field. It would also serve as a graduate level text on the subject." (Materials & Manufacturing Processes, June/July 2006)
"This book appears to be a useful and timely treatise discussing recent developments." (Polymer News)
“This volume aims to bring together significant recent advances on this topic….” (Apollit, 2005)