Computational Fluid Dynamics: Applications in Environmental Hydraulics
First book to apply CFD to the environmental sciences
Written at a level suitable for non-mathematicians
1. Computational Fluid Dynamics modelling for environmental hydraulics. (Bates (Bristol, UK), Lane (Leeds, UK) and Ferguson (Sheffield, UK)).
PART ONE: AN OVERVIEW OF COMPUTATIONAL FLUID DYNAMICS SCHEMES.
2. Fundamental equations for CFD in river flow simulations (D.B. Ingham and L. Ma).
3. Modelling Solute Transport Processes in Free Surface Flow CFD Schemes (I. Guymer, C. Wilson and J. Boxall).
4. Basic equations for sediment transport in CFD for fluvial morphodynamics (E. Mosselman).
5. Introduction to Statistical Turbulence Modeling for Hydraulic Engineering Flows (F. Sotiropoulos).
6. Modelling wetting and drying processes in hydraulic models (P. D. Bates and M. S. Horritt).
7. Introduction to Numerical Methods for Fluid Flow (N. G. Wright).
8. A framework for model verification and validation of CFD schemes in natural open channel flows (S. N. Lane, R. J. Hardy, R. I. Ferguson and D. R. Parsons).
9. Parameterisation, validation and uncertainty analysis of CFD models of fluvial and flood hydraulics in the natural environment (M. S. Horritt).
10. Modelling reach-scale fluvial flows (S. N. Lane and R. I. Ferguson).
11. Numerical modeling of floodplain flow (P. D. Bates, M. S. Horritt, N. M. Hunter, D. Mason and D. Cobby).
12. Modelling water quality processes in estuaries (R. A. Falconer, B. Lin and S. M. Kashefipour).
13. Roughness parameterization in CFD modeling of gravel-bed rivers (A. P. Nicholas).
14. Modelling of sand deposition in archaeologically significant reaches of the Colorado River in Grand Canyon, USA (S. Wiele and M. Torizzo).
15. Modelling of open channel flow through vegetation (C. A. M. E. Wilson, T. Stoesser and P. D. Bates).
16. Ecohydraulics: a new interdisciplinary frontier for CFD (M. Leclerc).
17. Towards risk based prediction in real world applications of complex hydraulic models (B. G. Hankin and K. J. Beven).
18. CFD for environmental design and management (G. Pender, H. P. Morvan, N. G. Wright and D. A. Ervine).