Field Techniques in Glaciology and Glacial Geomorphology
- The role of field data acquisition in the broader disciplines of glaciology and glacial geomorphology
- Logistical preparations for fieldwork
- Field techniques in glaciology such as investigations on ice and meltwaters
- Field techniques in glacial geomorphology ranging from investigations on glacial landforms and sediments
- International case studies show each method in practice
2. Planning and Conducting glaciological fieldwork.
3. Glacier ice: Character, Sampling and analysis.
4. Glacier meltwater: Character, sampling and analysis.
5. Hot-water borehole drilling and borehole instrumentation.
6. Ice radar.
7. Glacier mass balance and motion.
8. Glacigenic sediments.
9. Mapping glaciers and glacial landforms.
10. Monitoring and reconstructing glacier fluctuations.