Introduction to the Practice of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
Alessandra Lemma's accessible guide has been based on her long experience of teaching trainee practitioners. It includes discussion of interventions and the possible dynamics associated with the different stages of therapy: assessment, beginnings, middle and end phases of therapy. It exposes the rationale underlying a range of interventions and discusses research evidence where relevant and available.
* Written by a well known author with plenty of practical experience
* Introductory and aimed at trainees
* Uniquely, it combines practical advice with theoretical explanation
Introduction: Psychoanalysis in the Twenty-First Century.
1. An Overview of the Schools of Psychoanalysis: Theory and Practice.
2. The Process of Psychic Change.
3. The Analytic Frame and the Analytic Attitude.
4. Assessment and Formulation.
5. Unconscious Communication.
6. Defences and Resistance.
7. Transference and Countertransference.
8. Working with Endings.