Software Defined Radio: Origins, Drivers and International Perspectives
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Walter Tuttlebee, himself a pioneer of software radio in Europe, has gathered contributions from many of the acknowledged world experts in software radio -leaders operating at the heart of the software radio world today - who share their experience and insight into the background, the present and the future evolution of the technology and the industry. Contributions from North America, Europe and Asia ensure a comprehensive overview of the global SDR scene. The structured approach ensures that the book comprehensively addresses the key issues in the title - the origins of software radio, what has been (and is) driving its commercialisation and what is happening on the international scene
The book includes:
- a comprehensive review of the origins of software radio in the defence industry
- an insider's view of the origins, evolution, role and activities of the SDR Forum
- a summary of the MIT Sloan study into the drivers of global success in the mobile wireless marketplace
- a review of end user and mobile network operator perspectives of software radio and what the value it can offer
- insiders' summaries of recent SDR research activities in Europe and Japan
- coverage of the regulatory issues associated with SDR and the current approaches being taken in North America and Europe, with contributions from the regulators themselves
- a description of the first steps to SDR standards - the ETSI MExE standard
- descriptions of some of the first commercial software defined radio products, for both defence and commercial applications