The Universal Mobile Telecommunication System (UMTS) offers a consistent set of services to mobile computer and phone users and numerous different radio access technologies will co-exist within the UMTS system’s core network – security is, therefore, of the utmost importance.
UMTS Security focuses on the standardized security features of UMTS and brings together material previously only available in specifications, design documents and presentations in one concise form. In addition, this unique volume also covers non-standard implementation specific features that allow differentiation between operators and manufacturers.
- Describes the security solutions specified for UMTS
- Provides a comprehensive presentation of the UMTS security specifications and explains the role of the security functionality in the UMTS system
- Presents the UMTS security system in its totality from the theoretical background through to the design process
- Discusses the new security features included in Release 4 and 5
By providing a unified treatment of the security services provided by the UMTS system, this volume will provide invaluable information and have instant appeal to
planners, constructers and implementers of UMTS networks, and developers and analysts of application oriented security services that make use of UMTS communication networks. It will also be of considerable interest to postgraduates and researchers of modern communication security technology.
PARTV I: SECURITY ARCHITECTURE FOR UMTS.
1. Introduction to Security and to UMTS.
2. UMTS Secuirty Features in Release 1999.
3. Security Features in Release 4 and 5.
PART II: CRYPTOGRAPHIC ALGORITHMS.
4. Introduction to Cryptography.
5. 3GPP Algorithm Specification Principles.
6. Confidentiality and Integrity Algorithms.
7. Kernel Algorithm KASUMI.
8. Authentication and Key Generation Algorithm.
9. Notation of Parameters, Sets and Functions.