Introduction to Plant Pathology
Modern diagnostic techniques
- Epidemiology and the measurement of disease severity
- The biochemistry and molecular biology of plant disease
- Control through cultural, biological, genetic and molecular techniques
- A wealth of examples and applications including full colour photographs
1. The Causal Agents of Plant Disease: Identity and Impact.
2. The Detection and Diagnosis of Plant Pathogens and the Diseases They Cause.
4. The Measurement of Inoculum and Disease Severity and Their Effect on Crop Yields.
5. Inoculum Control.
6. Locating, Penetrating and Colonising the Host.
7. Subverting the Metabolism of the Host.
8. Killing the Host—the Role of Toxins.
9. The Plant Fights Back—1. Constitutive Defence Mechanisms.
10. The Genetics of Compatibility and Incompatibility.
11. The Plant Fights Back—2. Active Defence Mechanisms.
12. Control of the Disease Process.
Features a wealth of examples and applications including full colour photographs
"...well composed with many figures...can be well recommended to students and young researchers..." (Journal of Plant Physiology, Vol 161, 2004)
"... provides a comprehensive coverage...illustrated by many examples.." (EPPO Reporting Service, 1st July 2004. No. 06)
"...excellent glossary and index...over 1000 references...I fully recommend its purchase..." (Plant Pathology, Vol. 53, No.5, October 2004)
"...recommended..." (Phytopathology, Vol 153 (126) 2005)