Space/Terrestrial Mobile Networks: Internet Access and QoS Support
- Addresses the important topic of heterogeneous networks and the underlying tecyhnologies
- Describes how to design an integrated satellite/terrestrial infrastructure where all the network components are fully merged together and integrated with the Internet Core network
- Presents the service scenarios and system requirements of the Global Mobile Broadband System (GMBS)
- Discusses the necessary QoS support and defines the novel admission control scheme Gauge & Gate Reservation with Independent Probing (GRIP)
- Covers mobility management including Mobile-IP support and a QoS Support Module (QASM)
- Describes the functional and network architectures and presents signalling protocols for mobility management in GMBS
- Presents the design of signalling protocols and their implementation using the Specification and Description Language (SDL)
Space/Terrestrial Mobile Networks Internet Access and QoS Support has an accessible and practical approach to the subject and addresses in detail, the important topic of heterogeneous networks and the underlying technologies that make this concept possible.
2. Multi-Segment Access Network.
3. GMBS Multi-Mode Terminal.
4. Service Requirements.
5. End-to-End Qquality of Service Support.
6. Mobility Support.
7. Network Protocol Design.
8. Performance Validation.
Appendix A: Related Publications.
Space/Terrestrial Mobile Networks: Internet Access and QoS Support (US $190.00)
-and- LTE, WiMAX and WLAN Network Design, Optimization and Performance Analysis (US $160.00)
Total List Price: US $350.00
Discounted Price: US $262.50 (Save: US $87.50)