The Structure and Evolution of Galaxies
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
The Structure and Evolution of Galaxies is a concise introduction to this fascinating subject providing the reader with the fundamentals in a clear and accessible style. This user-friendly text assumes some prerequisite knowledge of astronomy, with the necessary mathematics kept to a minimum. Beginning with an introduction to the existence of our own external galaxies, the book moves on to discuss how perceptions of galaxy development have changed over time. The three categories of galaxies are then discussed with later chapters considering their formation and evolution. The book concludes with an overview of both current developments in the field and considers the direction of future research.
- Clear and accessible introduction to this dynamic subject
- Introduces definitions of key terms and puts them in context
- Includes current research and future developments in the field
- Appendix of basic definitions to clarify key concepts
- An invaluable text for students of astronomy and physics