Managing Collective Investment Funds, 2nd Edition
Written for practitioners and regulators new to the collective investment funds business, it explores every aspect of a fund's structure and operation: from how it is valued and priced through to the importance of its regulatory, fiscal and accounting regimes and finally the effect these can have on market development.
- Provides a comprehensive review of collective investment fund operations
- Examines key factors in building a successful investment fund business
- Contains practical examples, questions and case studies illustrating current developments in the industry worldwide
About the Authors.
1. Why Enter the Business.
2. Key Functions, Roles and Responsibilities.
3. Main fund Structures.
5. Investment Management.
6. Fund Performance.
10. Issue and Redemption.
11. Marketing Activities.
12. Fund Distribution.
13. Fund-related Communication.
14. Product Development.
15. Fund Accounting Standards.
16. Fund Taxation.
17. Fund Governance.
18. Managing the Business.
Ekaterina Alexeeva has worked in the collective investment funds sector since becoming head of Cadogan Financial's Russian office in 1995. She is a director of Cadogan Education Ltd, with responsibility for research and for the content of the company's Global Investment Funds Information Centre (GIFIC) website.
Sally Buxton has worked in the collective investment funds sector since 1982 when she joined the Information Unit of what is now the UK's Investment Management Association.. She is a director of Cadogan Education Ltd and a Partner of Cadogan Financial working with governments, regulators and practitioners on the development of collective investment fund sectos worldwide.