Elements of Molecular Neurobiology, 3rd Edition
* Well known and widely used as a text throughout the UK, good reviews from students and lecturers.
* Good complement to Fundementals of Psychopharmacology by Brian Leonard.
This book will be of particular interest to biomedical undergraduates undertaking a neuroscience unit, neuroscience postgraduates, physiologists, pharmacologists.
It is also a useful basic reference for university libraries.
Maurice Elphick, Queen Mary, University of London
"I do like this book and it is the recommended textbook for my course in Molecular Neuroscience. The major strength of the book is the overall simplicity of the format both in terms of layout and diagrams."
Preface to the First Edition.
Preface to the Second Edition.
The Conformation of Informational Macromolecules.
Information Processing in Cells.
Ligand-gated Ion Channels.
Resting Potentials and Cable Conduction.
The Action Potential.
The Neuron as a Secretory Cell.
Neurotransmitters and Neuromodulators.
The Postsynaptic Cell.
Developmental Genetics of the Brain.
Epigenetics of the Brain.
Appendix 1. Molecules and Consciousness.
Appendix 2. Units.
Appendix 3. Data.
Appendix 4. Genes.
Appendix 5. Physical Models of Ion Conduction and Gating.
Acronyms and Abbreviations.
Index of Neurological Disease.
- A thoroughly updated and revised edition of C. U. M Smith's popular 1996 book.
- First edition has sold 2397 copies, second edition has sold 3440 copies.
- Well known and widely used as a text throughout the UK, good reviews from students and lecturers.
- Good complement to Fundementals of Psychopharmacology by Brian Leonard