Agricultural Development Policy: Concepts and Experiences
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
The text is unique in its coverage and depth and it:
- Summarises hundreds of references on agricultural development policies
- Cites policy experiences and applied studies in more than 70 countries
- Provides guidance for policy makers giving examples of successes and failures
- Reviews issues related to the formulation of strategies and the requirements for making them successful
- Develops the conceptual foundations and illustrates policies that have worked, and some that have not, with explanations
Topics covered include agriculture’s role in economic development, the objectives and strategies of agricultural policy, linkages between macroeconomic and agricultural policy, policies for the agricultural financial system and agricultural technology development.
Upper level undergraduates taking courses in Economic Development and International Development and graduates taking courses in Agricultural Development, International and Economic Development, Natural Resource Management and specialised topics in agriculture will find this text of great interest. It also serves as a reference for professionals and researchers in the field of International Development.