Agricultural Development Policy: Concepts and Experiences
The text is unique in its coverage and depth and it:
- Summarises hundreds of references on agricultural development policies
- Cites policy experiences and applied studies in more than 70 countries
- Provides guidance for policy makers giving examples of successes and failures
- Reviews issues related to the formulation of strategies and the requirements for making them successful
- Develops the conceptual foundations and illustrates policies that have worked, and some that have not, with explanations
Topics covered include agriculture’s role in economic development, the objectives and strategies of agricultural policy, linkages between macroeconomic and agricultural policy, policies for the agricultural financial system and agricultural technology development.
Upper level undergraduates taking courses in Economic Development and International Development and graduates taking courses in Agricultural Development, International and Economic Development, Natural Resource Management and specialised topics in agriculture will find this text of great interest. It also serves as a reference for professionals and researchers in the field of International Development.
1. Agriculture and Economic Development: Basic Considerations.
2. Strategies and the Agricultural Policy Framework.
3. Broad Issues of Agricultural Policy.
4. Policies that Influence Producer Incentives.
5. Land Tenure Policies.
6. Water Management Policies in Agriculture.
7. Policies for Agricultural and Rural Finance.
8. Policies for Agricultural Technology.
9. Agricultural Development Strategies: Process and Structure.
Annex: National Economic Policies and Irrigation in Yemen.
- Covers important classes of policy issues and strategic considerations of the economical development, water management, legislation and technology in agriculture
- Provides clear systematic guidance for policy makers giving global examples of successes and failures