Ultra-wideband Radio Technology
- Provides simple high level, conceptual discussions of UWB followed with more detailed, scientific, mathematical, engineering focused explanations
- Presents a global perspective by tracing UWB throughout the history of radio, providing a modern basis for the re-emergence of the technology and for the current regulatory and standards activities
- Features insights into the reasons why the technology developed the way it did
- Explains the key advantages of UWB, including its bandwidth, potential simplicity and huge system capacity
- Discusses the applications of UWB in terms of the unique properties and advantages of UWB
2. The Regulatory Climate.
3. UWB in Standards.
4. Generating and Transmitting UWB Signals.
5. Radiation of UWB Signals.
6. Propagation of UWB Signals.
7. Receiving UWB Signals.
8. UWB System Limits and Capacity.
9. Applications and Future Directions.
Appendix A: Excerpts from the FCC First Report and Order.
Appendix B: Summary of Multipath Model for IEEE P802.15.3a.
Appendix C: Free-space Transmission of Pulses.
Appendix D: Glossary.