Convergence Technologies for 3G Networks: IP, UMTS, EGPRS and ATM
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Convergence Technologies for 3G Networks describes the evolution from cellular to a converged network that integrates traditional telecommunications and the technology of the Internet. In particular, the authors address the application of both IP and ATM technologies to a cellular environment, including IP telephony protocols, the use of ATM/AAL2 and the new AAL2 signalling protocol for voice/multimedia and data transport as well as the future of the UMTS network in UMTS Release 5/6 All-IP architecture.
Convergence Technologies for 3G Networks:
- Explains the operation and integration of GSM, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, CDMA2000, IP, and ATM.
- Provides practical examples of 3G connection scenarios.
- Describes signalling flows and protocol stacks.
- Covers IP and ATM as used in a 3G context.
- Addresses issues of QoS and real-time application support.
- Includes IP/SS7 internetworking and IP softswitching.
- Outlines the architecture of the IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) for UMTS.
Convergence Technologies for 3G Networks is suited for professionals from the telecommunications, data communications and computer networking industries..