Single and Multi-Carrier DS-CDMA: Multi-User Detection, Space-Time Spreading, Synchronisation, Networking and Standards
September 2003, Wiley-IEEE Press
Currently, a technical in-depth book on this subject, which has a similar detailed exposure of the recent advances in CDMA, M-ary CDMA and MC-CDMA, is unavailable. A further attraction of the joint treatment of these topics is that it allows the reader to view their design trade-offs in a comparative context.
Divided into five main parts:
Part I: provides a detailed introduction to the subject of CDMA systems designed for employment in various application
Part II: deals with the currently hot topic of genetic algorithm assisted multiuser detection
Part III: gives a detailed account of new, reduced-complexity M-ary CDMA schemes
Part IV: considers a range of novel MC-CDMA schemes which have the potential of supporting numerous design objectives
Part V: provides an overview of the 3G wireless system proposals and characterises the expected network capacity gains attained with the aid of adaptive CDMA systems
By providing an all-encompassing self-contained treatment this groundbreaking volume will have appeal to researchers, postgraduate students, academics practising research and development engineers working for wireless communications and computer networking companies, as well as senior undergraduate students and technical managers in the field.
Other Wiley and IEEE Press Books on Related Topics.
1. Introduction To Intelligent Broadband Wireless Transceivers.
I: Multi-User Detection for Adaptive Single-Carrier CDMA.
List of Symbols in Part I.
2. CDMA Overview.
3. Joint Detection of CDMA Signals.
4. Adaptive-Rate Detection Aided CDMA.
5. Adaptive-Rate Interference Cancellation Assisted CDMA.
6. Iterative PIC Using Turbo Codes, LDPC Codes, TCM and TTCM.
7. Blind Per-Survivor Processing-Aided CDMA.
8. Space-Time Spreading Aided Single-Carrier Wideband CDMA.
II: Genetic Algorithm Assisted Multiuser Detection.
List of Symbols in Part II.
9. Overview of Genetic Algorithms used for Multi-user Detection.
10. GA-Assisted Multi-user Detection for Synchronous CDMA.
11. Joint GA-Assisted Channel Estimation and Symbol Detection.
12. GA-Assisted, Antenna Diversity-Aided Multi-user Detection.
13. GA-Assisted Multi-user Detection for Asynchronous CDMA.
14. GA Assisted Multi-user Detection for MC-CDMA.
III: M-ary Single-Carrier CDMA.
15. Non-Coherent M-ary Orthogonal Modulation in CDMA.
16. RS Coded Non-Coherent M-ary Orthogonal Modulation in CDMA.
17. Residue Number System Arithmetic.
18. Redundant Residue Number System Coded M-ary DS-CDMA.
IV: Multi-Carrier CDMA.
19. Overview of Multicarrier CDMA.
20. Space-Time Spreading-Assisted Broadband Multicarrier DS-CDMA.
21. Initial Synchronization of DS-CDMA and MC-CDMA Systems.
V: Standards and Networking.
22. Third-Generation CDMA Systems.
23. Adaptive DS-CDMA Networking Using VSFs and Beamforming.
24. Book Summary and Conclusions.
A: Appendix to Chapter 15.
B: Appendix to Chapter 16.
C: Appendix to Chapter 18.
D: Appendix to Chapter 21.
Lie-Liang Yang received his M.Eng, Ph.D. degrees in communications and electronics from Northern Jiaotong University, Beijing, China in 1991 and 1997, respectively, and his B.Eng degree in communications engineering from Shanghai TieDao University, Shanghai, China in 1988. Since December 1997, he has been with the Communications Research Group at the Department of Electronics and Computer Science of University of Southampton, UK, where he held various research posts as a visiting postdoctoral research fellow, research fellow and senior research fellow. Currently holds an academic post as a lecturer. He is a senior member of the IEEE.
Ee-Lin Kuan received the B.Eng degree in Electronics Engineering with First Class Honours from the University of Southampton, UK. She was awarded the Ph.D. degree in Mobile Communications at the University of Southampton, UK. Her current research interests are associated with mobile transceiver designs with emphasis on adaptive CDMA techniques.
Kai Yen received the B.Eng degree in Electronics Engineering with First Class Honours from the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore in 1996. In 2001, he was awarded the Ph.D. degree in Mobile Communications at the University of Southampton, UK. He is currently working as a Research Scientist at the Institute for Infocomm Research primarily funded by the Agency of Science, technology and Research, Singapore.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Single and Multi-Carrier DS-CDMA: Multi-User Detection, Space-Time Spreading, Synchronisation, Networking and Standards (US $376.00)
Total List Price: US $563.00
Discounted Price: US $422.25 (Save: US $140.75)