GSM, GPRS and EDGE Performance: Evolution Towards 3G/UMTS, 2nd Edition
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Cellular operators must now roll out new 3G technologies capable of delivering wireless Internet based multimedia services in a competitive and cost-effective way and this volume, divided into three parts, helps to explain how:
1. Provides an introduction to the complete evolution of GSM towards a radio access network that efficiently supports UMTS services (GERAN).
2. Features a comprehensive study of system performance with simulations and field trials. Covers all the major features such as basic GSM, GPRS, EDGE and AMR and the full capability of the GERAN radio interface for 3G service support is envisaged.
3. Discusses different 3G radio technologies and the position of GERAN within such technologies.
Featuring fully revised and updated chapters throughout, the second edition contains 90 pages of new material and features the following new sections, enabling this reference to remain as a leading text in the area:
- Expanded material on GPRS
- Includes IMS architecture (Rel’5) and GERAN (Rel’6) features
- Presents field trial results for AMR and narrowband
- Provides EGPRS deployment guidelines
- Features a new chapter on Service Performance
An invaluable reference for Engineering Professionals, Research and Development Engineers, Business Development Managers, Technical Managers and Technical Specialists working for cellular operators