Principles of Network and System Administration, 2nd Edition
April 2004, ©2004
2. System Components.
3. Networked Communities.
4. Host Management.
5. User Management
6. Models of Network and System Administration.
7. Configuration and Maintenance.
8. Diagnostics, Fault and Change Management.
9. Application Level Services.
10. Network Level Services.
11. Principles of Security.
12. Security Implications.
13. Analytical System Administration.
14. Summary and Outlook.
A. Some Useful Unix Commands.
B. Programming and Compiling.
C. Example Telnet Session.
E. Recommended Reading.
- A single, comprehensive resource that responds to the high demand for specialists who can provide advice to users and handle day-to-day administration, maintenance, and support of computer systems and networks
- Author approaches both network and system administration from the perspective of the principles that do not change on a day-to-day basis
- Shows how to discover customer needs and then use that information to identify, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements
- New coverage includes Java services and Ipv6