Discrete Distributions: Applications in the Health Sciences
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
- Provides an overview of discrete distributions and their applications in the health sciences.
- Focuses on real examples, giving readers an insight into the utility of the models.
- Describes the properties of each distribution, and the methods that led to their development.
- Presents a range of examples from the health sciences, including cancer, epidemiology, and demography.
- Features discussion of software implementation – in SAS, Fortran and R – enabling readers to apply the methods to their own problems.
- Written in an accessible style, suitable for applied statisticians and numerate health scientists.
- Software and data sets are made available on the Web.
Discrete Distributions: Applications in the Health Sciences provides a practical introduction to these powerful statistical tools and their applications, suitable for researchers and graduate students from statistics and biostatistics. The focus on applications, and the accessible style of the book, make it an excellent practical reference source for practitioners from the health sciences.