Eclipse 2 for Java Developers
* Eclipse is expected to be the development platform of choice for the Java community within the next few years
* This book provides an introduction to the Eclipse Java IDE, showing how projects are laid out and the various facilities available to help write Java code
* Describes SWT and JFace (Eclipse's alternative to the Java AWT and Swing) and then demonstrates in practice in a JavaLayer based MP3 player
* Shows how Eclipse can be used as a tool platform and an application framework
* Demonstrates how to speed up development of applications by reusing and extending existing Eclipse components
PART 1: THE JAVA IDE.
1. Going places.
2. Organizing your code.
3. Project 1 – Duke speaks.
4. Project development.
5. Advanced topics of project development.
PART 2: REPLACING SWING.
6. The SWT library.
8. Project 2 – Jukebox.
PART 3: ECLIPSE AS AN APPLICATION PLATFORM.
9. Developing Plug-ins for the Eclipse Platform.
10. Developing your own Eclipse based products.
11. Project 3 – A spell checker as an Eclipse plug-in.
A Useful Plug-ins for Eclipse.
B Migrating projects to a new Eclipse version.
C Important Downloads.