Geographic Information Systems and Science, 2nd Edition
December 2005, ©2006
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- The first edition of Longley, Goodchild, Maguire and Rhind's Geographic Information Systems and Science took the GIS field by storm, defining the subject area and setting the standard for GIS texts. It was the first to cover GI systems, GI science, GI practice, GI Management, the impact of Internet GIS and the GI implementation.
- Illustrated using real-world examples, it demonstrates the truly interdisciplinary nature of GIS, describing implementation issues in a clear, non-technical way.
- Its unique approach communicates the richness and diversity of the GIS in a lucid and accessible format.
- It provides a gateway to Internet-based classroom and distance learning, through its us of online educations resources at the ESRI Virtual Campus.
- Internationally renowned authors
- Full colour throughout with over 300 illustrations.