Geographic Information Systems and Science, 2nd Edition
December 2005, ©2006
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
GISS 2e builds on the success of the first edition:
- Completely revised with a new five part structure: Foundations; Principles; Techniques; Analysis; Management and Policy
- All new personality boxes of current GIS practitioners
- New chapters on Distributed GIS, Map Production, Geovisualization, Modeling, and Managing GIS
- Specific coverage of current hot topics:
- GIS and the New World Order
- Security, health and well-Being
- Digital differentiation in GIS consumption
- The core organizing role of GIS in geography
- The greening of GIS
- Grand challenges of GIS science
- Science and explanation
A new suite of instructor resources including a companion website with an on-line lab resource and personal student sullabus and a cehensive Instructor’s Manual that maps the textbook to various disciplines and levels of courses.