Digital Speech: Coding for Low Bit Rate Communication Systems, 2nd Edition
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- Features new chapters on Pitch Estimation and Voice-Unvoiced Classification of Speech, Harmonic Speech Coding and Multimode Speech Coding
- Presents a comprehensively revised chapter entitled Analysis by Synthesis LPC Coding including specific examples of popular speech coders such as CELP (Code-Excited Linear Predictive) Coding
- Contains an updated chapter on Efficient LPC Quantization Methods including MSVQ and anti-aliasing filtering
- Discusses Voice Activity Detection (VAD) methods
- Offers expanded coverage of speech enhancement techniques such as echo cancellation and noise suppression
Written by a well-known, highly respected academic, this authoritative volume will be invaluable to practising engineers, network designers, computer scientists and advanced students in communications, electrical and electronic engineering.