European Financial Systems in the Global Economy
April 2005, ©2005
2. European financial markets in history
3. Market structures
3.1. Financial systems, markets and intermediaries
3.2. Financial market typology
3.2.1. Non-tradables and non-transferables
3.3. Financial systems in Europe
3.3.1. Bank-based systems
3.3.2. Market-based systems
3.3.3. Financial systems in Eastern Europe
3.4. External markets
3.4.2. Offshore centres
3.4.3. Virtual market places
4. European financial markets in the world economy
4.3. Venture capital
4.4. Payment, clearing and settlement systems
5. Market mechanisms and prices
5.1 Diversification, hedging and arbitrage
5.2. Market dynamics and the role of expectations
5.3. Price patterns
6. Policy Issues
6.1. Policy targets
6.2 Policy cooperation.
6.3 EMU and financial integration.
Appendix A: Bill of Exchange as Medieval Credit Instrument.
Appendix B: The Tobin Tax.
Appendix C: CFA Franc Zone.
Appendix D: Rating Agencies.
Appendix E: Optimum Currency Area.
Appendix F: Luxembourg.
Appendix G: Nonlinearities.
Appendix H: Value at Risk.
Appendix I: Legend to the FESE Diagram of the European Exchanges.
- Fills a gap in the literature with a wide range of specifically European topics.
- Includes up-to-date graphs and data.
- Features a teacher's manual with PowerPoint slides.
- Also includes Web resources.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
European Financial Systems in the Global Economy (US $71.00)
-and- Inflated: How Money and Debt Built the American Dream (US $37.95)
Total List Price: US $108.95
Discounted Price: US $81.71 (Save: US $27.24)