The IMS: IP Multimedia Concepts and Services in the Mobile Domain
- Presents the architecture and functionality of logical elements of IMS and their interfaces providing detailed description of how elements are connected, what protocols are used and how they are used
- Explains how the optimisation and security of the mobile communication environment has been designed in the form of user authentication and authorisation based on mobile identities
- Illustrates how optimisation at the radio interface is achieved using specific rules at the user to network interface. This includes signalling compression mechanisms as well as security and policy control mechanisms, allowing radio loss and recovery detection
- Addresses important aspects from an operator's point of view while developing architecture such as charging framework, policy and service control
- Describes many services on top of IMS in detail, including voice, presence, messaging and conferencing.
List of Figures.
List of Tables.
PART I: ARCHITECTURE.
2. IP Multimedia Subsystem Architecture.
3. IMS Concepts.
PART II: DETAILED PROCEDURES.
5. An Example IMS Registration.
6. An Example IMS Session.
7. Routing of PSIs.
PART III: PROTOCOLS.
10. The Offer/Answer Model with SDP.
19. Signaling Compression.
PART IV: SERVICES.