Parents Who Misuse Drugs and Alcohol: Effective Interventions in Social Work and Child Protection
- Offers a definition of “misuse” and “addiction” and the factors that influence the nature of misuse or addiction
- Reviews extensively the nature and impact of parental substance misuse on children and families using the latest evidence
- Explores how research and theories might help inform professionals or non-professionals assessing families affected by parents who misuse drugs or alcohol
- Provides an in-depth discussion of Motivational Interviewing, including a critical discussion of the challenges and limitations involved in using it in child and family settings
- Considers the wider implications of the findings for practice and policy and argues that these responses can be used across the field of work with vulnerable children and their families
1 What is 'Substance Misuse'?
2 The Impact of Parental Substance Misuse on Child Welfare.
3 Parental Substance Misuse and Children’s Services.
4 The Social Worker Assessments.
5 What Happened to the Children and Their Parents?
7 What Works in Engaging Parents Who Misuse Drugs or Alcohol?
8 What Works? Substance Misuse Treatment and Evidence-Based Social Work.
9 Motivational Interviewing and Effective Work with Families in which Parents Misuse Drugs and/or Alcohol.
10 Family Interventions with Parental Substance Misuse.
Judith Harwin is Professor of Social Work and Director of the Centre for Child and Youth Research at Brunel University.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Parents Who Misuse Drugs and Alcohol: Effective Interventions in Social Work and Child Protection (US $127.95)
Total List Price: US $185.90
Discounted Price: US $139.42 (Save: US $46.48)