The Language of Mathematics: Utilizing Math in Practice
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Part A. Introductory overview.
2. Preview: Some Statements in English and the Language of Mathematics.
Part B. Mathematics and its language.
3. Elements of the Language of Mathematics.
4. Important Structures and Concepts in the Language of Mathematics.
5. Solving Problems Mathematically.
Part C. English, the Language of Mathematics and translating between them.
6. Linguistic Characteristics of English and the Language of Mathematics.
7. Translating English to Mathematics.
8. Examples of Translating English to Mathematics.
Part D. Conclusion.
Appendix A. Representing numbers.
Appendix B. Symbols on the Language of Mathematics.
Appendix C. Sets of numbers.
Appendix D. Special structures in mathematics.
Appendix E. Mathematical logic.
Appendix F. Waves and the wave equation.
Appendix G. Glossary: English to the Language of Mathematics.
Appendix H. Programming languages and the Language of Mathematics.
Appendix I. Other literature.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
The Language of Mathematics: Utilizing Math in Practice (US $104.00)
-and- Modeling and Simulation in the Medical and Health Sciences (US $89.00)
Total List Price: US $193.00
Discounted Price: US $144.75 (Save: US $48.25)