Drupal 7 is the latest version of the free, open source content management system Drupal. A powerful content management system and framework Drupal has an unfortunate reputation of having a steep learning curve. This guide to Drupal 7 methodically demystifies Drupal and shortening the learning curve.
Author Jacob Redding is deeply embedded in the Drupal community, and walks first-time Drupal developers through the installation and configuration of a Drupal system. In-depth information on key areas of Drupal explore the Drupal hook system, Drupal's theming layer, and Drupal's API. You'll also get sample code, and lessons that guide you through various aspects of Drupal.
- Introduces you to every aspect of Drupal 7
- Demystifies key areas of Drupal and shortens the learning curve for even the most novice beginner
- Features lessons and sample code that offer extra insight into a Drupal web site
- Exploring simple single website installations and more advanced multiple site installations that share users and/or content.
- Addresses how to use Drupal's theming layer to your advantage.
With this comprehensive and clear book by your side, you will quickly learn to leverage Drupal's impressive power.
CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCING DRUPAL 1
CHAPTER 2: INSTALLING DRUPAL 9
CHAPTER 3: YOUR FIRST DRUPAL WEBSITE 27
CHAPTER 4: ADMINISTRATION — CONFIGURATION, MODULES, AND REPORTING 49
CHAPTER 5: ADMINISTRATION — BLOCKS, MENUS, AND THEMES 69
CHAPTER 6: CONTENT 91
CHAPTER 7: USER MANAGEMENT 125
CHAPTER 8: TAXONOMY 157
CHAPTER 9: SEARCH, PERFORMANCE, STATISTICS, AND REPORTING 173
CHAPTER 10: TRIGGERS, ACTIONS, WORKFLOW, AND RULES 189
CHAPTER 11: VIEWS 213
CHAPTER 12: INTERNATIONALIZATION 241
CHAPTER 13: THEMING 263
CHAPTER 14: CONTRIBUTED MODULES 299
CHAPTER 15: CUSTOM MODULES 315
CHAPTER 16: DEVELOPMENT HOOKS 331
CHAPTER 17: MODULE DEVELOPMENT START TO FINISH 347
CHAPTER 18: ADVANCED DRUPAL INSTALLATIONS 379
CHAPTER 19: PREFLIGHT CHECKLIST 401
APPENDIX: EXERCISES AND ANSWERS 417