Drupal 7 is the latest version of the free, open source content management system Drupal. A powerful content management system and framework Drupal has an unfortunate reputation of having a steep learning curve. This guide to Drupal 7 methodically demystifies Drupal and shortening the learning curve.
Author Jacob Redding is deeply embedded in the Drupal community, and walks first-time Drupal developers through the installation and configuration of a Drupal system. In-depth information on key areas of Drupal explore the Drupal hook system, Drupal's theming layer, and Drupal's API. You'll also get sample code, and lessons that guide you through various aspects of Drupal.
- Introduces you to every aspect of Drupal 7
- Demystifies key areas of Drupal and shortens the learning curve for even the most novice beginner
- Features lessons and sample code that offer extra insight into a Drupal web site
- Exploring simple single website installations and more advanced multiple site installations that share users and/or content.
- Addresses how to use Drupal's theming layer to your advantage.
With this comprehensive and clear book by your side, you will quickly learn to leverage Drupal's impressive power.
CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCING DRUPAL.
CHAPTER 2: INSTALLING DRUPAL.
CHAPTER 3: YOUR FIRST DRUPAL WEBSITE.
CHAPTER 4: ADMINISTRATION — CONFIGURATION, MODULES, AND REPORTING.
CHAPTER 5: ADMINISTRATION — BLOCKS, MENUS, AND THEMES.
CHAPTER 6: CONTENT.
CHAPTER 7: USER MANAGEMENT CHAPTER.
CHAPTER 8: TAXONOMY.
CHAPTER 9: SEARCH, PERFORMANCE, STATISTICS, AND REPORTING.
CHAPTER 10: TRIGGERS, ACTIONS, WORKFLOW, AND RULES.
CHAPTER 11: VIEWS.
CHAPTER 12: INTERNATIONALIZATION.
CHAPTER 13: THEMING.
CHAPTER 14: CONTRIBUTED MODULES .
CHAPTER 15: CUSTOM MODULES.
CHAPTER 16: DEVELOPMENT HOOKS.
CHAPTER 17: MODULE DEVELOPMENT START TO FINISH.
CHAPTER 18: ADVANCED DRUPAL INSTALLATIONS.
CHAPTER 19: PREFLIGHT CHECKLIST.
APPENDIX: EXERCISES AND ANSWERS.