Breakthroughs in Technical Analysis: New Thinking From the World's Top Minds
Breakthroughs in Technical Analysis reveals the new trading methods used by the world's top technicians. Building on the success of New Thinking in Technical Analysis (Bloomberg Press, 2000), this book, edited by Bloomberg L.P.'s own expert on technical analysis, David Keller, brings together market masters from the around the world.
Some of their techniques have never left their country's borders before and are not widely known or used in other parts of the world.
Showing what the best and the brightest are currently using to deliver extraordinary results, this book will be eagerly sought out by all market technicians.
Introduction (David Keller).
1. Drummond Geometry: Picking Yearly Highs and Lows in Interbank Forex Trading (Ted Hearne).
2. Trend Spotting With TD Combo (Tom DeMark).
3. Charting With Candles and Clouds (Nicole Elliott).
4. Reading Candlestick Charts (Yosuke Shimizu).
5. Price and Time (Constance Brown).
6. Unlocking Gann (David E. Bowden).
7. Options-Based Technical Indicators for Stock Trading (Bernie Schaeffer).
8. Point and Figure Analysis: Modern Developments in an Old Technique (Jeremy du Plessis).
9. Deconstructing the Market: The Application of Market Profile to Global Spreads (Robin Mesch).
10. The Ten Commandments (Robin Griffiths).
Philip J. Roth, CMT
Chief Technical Market Analyst, Miller Tabak & Co., LLC
Past President and Board Member of the Market Technicians Association
"Navigating financial markets can be a hazardous exercise. In Breakthroughs in Technical Analysis, Dave Keller has assembled contributions from an experienced crew of established technicians and market timers to ease the journey and demystify the arcane world of technical analysis. The book features a number of approaches (as diverse as DeMark and Ichimoku), which challenge conventional wisdom and are sure to form an invaluable part of your trading arsenal, whether you’re technically or fundamentally oriented."
Global Head of Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and
Commodities Technical Strategy, UBS Investment Bank
"The concepts and experiences shared by the ten global contributors in David Keller's book embody the precept that supply and demand for technical analysis is indeed a universal language. These varied topics are very timely and extremely useful in trading and investing in all markets around the world."
Ralph J. Acampora, CMT
Managing Director, Director of Technical Research
Knight Equity Markets, LP