Excel VBA 24-Hour Trainer
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Increase your productivity and save time and effort with Excel VBA
This unique book-and-DVD package prepares you to get more out of Excel by using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to automate your routine or labor-intensive Excel tasks. Microsoft Excel MVP and author Tom Urtis walks through a series of lessons while the accompanying DVD provides demos to complement each lesson. Urtis takes an in-depth look at how manual tasks in Excel can be programmed with VBA for greater speed, efficiency, and accuracy. You'll learn how to use VBA to manipulate Excel in ways you may never have thought possible.
Excel VBA 24-Hour Trainer:
- Introduces you to VBA and discusses topics including object oriented programming, variable declaration, objects and collections, and arrays
- Teaches you how to write your own macros for programming loops, events, charts, pivot tables and pivot charts, and user-defined functions
- Shows you how to customize the look and feel of Excel with User Forms, Input Boxes, Message Boxes, and embedded controls
- Examines advanced topics including class modules, add-ins, and retrieving external data with ADO and SQL
- Demonstrates how to interact with other Office Applications from Excel, including Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Wrox guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think. Written by programmers for programmers, they provide a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
On the DVD
Don't just learndo!
The lessons within the book are accompanied by an instructional demonstration on the DVD.
- Write your own macros
- Make decisions with VBA
- Repeat actions with loops
- Automate procedures with worksheet and workbook events
- Work with arrays
- Create class modules
- Program charts and pivot tables
- Create add-ins
- Interact with Office applications Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Manage external data
- Debug your code
Note: As part of the print version of this title, video lessons are included on DVD. For e-book versions, video lessons can be accessed at wrox.com using a link provided in the interior of the e-book.