The Vest Pocket CPA, 3rd Edition
The Vest Pocket CPA is the perfect up-to-date reference tool for today's accountants in public practice and private industry, and accounting and other executives who interface with outside auditors. It is written in any easy Q&A format and packed with checklists, samples, and worked-out solutions for a wide variety of accounting problems in the areas of financial accounting, financial statement analysis, financial planning, managerial accounting, quantitative analysis and modeling, auditing, and taxation.
Joel G. Siegel, PhD, CPA, is the author of 19 books and hundreds of articles for accounting and financial journals. He has acted as a consultant in accounting issues, with such clients as IT&T, Citicorp, and Person-Wolinsky CPA Review. Nicky A. Dauber, CPA, has served as a book reviewer for major book publishers and has had articles published in many professional accounting journals. Jae K. Shim, PhD (Long Beach, CA), has published 14 books that have sold more than 500,000 copies.
PART 1: COMMONLY USED GENERALLY ACCEPTED ACCOUNTING PRINCIPLES.
1. Financial Statement Reporting: The Income Statement.
2. Financial Statement Reporting: The Balance Sheet.
3. Financial Statement Reporting: Statements of Cash Flows and Other Disclosures.
4. Accounting and Disclosures.
5. Key Financial Accounting Areas.
PART 2: ANALYZING FINANCIAL STATEMENTS.
6. Financial Statement Analysis.
PART 3: MANAGERIAL ACCOUNTING APPLICATIONS.
7. Appraising Segmental Performance.
8. Analysis of Projects, Proposals, and Special Situations.
9. Quantitative Applications and Modeling in Accounting.
PART 4: AUDITING, COMPILING, AND REVIEWING FINANCIAL STATEMENTS.
10. Auditing Procedures.
11. Compilation, Review, and Other Reporting Services.
12. Statements on Auditing Standards.
PART 5: TAXATION.
13. Tax Research.
Nick Dauber, MS, CPA, is Instructor of Auditing and Tax at Queens College of the City University of New York. He has authored four books, served as a book reviewer for major book publishers, and published articles in many professional accounting journals.
Jae K. Shim, PhD, is Professor of Accounting at California State University, Long Beach, and also serves as an industrial consultant. He has published fourteen books that have sold more than 500,000 copies combined.