Designing and Conducting Business Surveys
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This book provides guidelines that will help the reader make educated trade-off decisions that minimize survey errors, costs, and response burden, while being attentive to survey data quality. Major topics include:
• Determining the survey content, considering user needs, the business context, and total survey quality
• Planning the survey as a project
• Sampling frames, procedures, and methods
• Questionnaire design and testing for self-administered paper, web, and mixed-mode surveys
• Survey communication design to obtain responses and facilitate the business response process
• Conducting and managing the survey using paradata and project management tools
• Data processing, including capture, editing, and imputation, and dissemination of statistical outputs
Designing and Conducting Business Surveys is an indispensable resource for anyone involved in designing and/or conducting business or organizational surveys at statistical institutes, central banks, survey organizations, etc.; producing statistics or other research results from business surveys at universities, research organizations, etc.; or using data produced from business surveys. The book also lays a foundation for new areas of research in business surveys.