Maya Studio Projects Texturing and Lighting
Focused entirely on practical projects, this hands-on guide shows you how to use Maya's texturing and lighting tools in real-world situations. Whether you need to sharpen your skills or you're looking to break into the field for the first time, you'll learn top industry techniques for this important skill as you follow the instructions for several specific projects. You can even create your own version, using final Maya scene files to validate results. The companion DVD includes supplemental videos, project support files, textures, tools, professional shaders, and more.
- Lighting and texturing projects are often an excellent way for new animators to break into the business
- This is the only project-based book dedicated to understanding and implementing Maya's texturing and lighting tools for creating realistic digital assets for film, video, and games
- Walks you step by step through lighting and texturing objects, characters, and locations
- Written by a professional CG artist who has worked on high-profile films including Antz and Shrek
- Includes a DVD with supplemental video instruction, additional tools, and more
Practical, project-based instruction in this guide will help you perfect your skill with Maya's texturing and lighting tools.
Chapter 1: Texturing and Lighting a Product, Part 1.
Chapter 2: Texturing and Lighting a Product, Part 2.
Chapter 3: Texturing and Lighting a Character, Part 1.
Chapter 4: Texturing and Lighting a Character, Part 2.
Chapter 5: Texturing and Lighting an Environment, Part 1.
Chapter 6: Texturing and Lighting an Environment, Part 2.
Chapter 7: Texturing and Lighting a Vehicle, Part 1.
Chapter 8: Texturing and Lighting a Vehicle, Part 2.
Appendix ■ About the Companion DVD.
Lee Lanier is a 3D animator, digital compositor, and director. His films have played in more than 200 museums, galleries,and film festivals worldwide. Before directing the shorts Millennium Bug, Mirror, Day Off the Dead, Weapons of Mass Destruction, 13 Ways to Die at Home, and Blood Roulette, he served as a senior animator in the lighting and modeling departments at PDI/DreamWorks on Antz and Shrek. He created digital visual effects for such films as Mortal Kombat while at Walt Disney Studios. He is the author of Professional Digital Compositing, Advanced Maya Texturing and Lighting, and Maya Professional Tips and Techniques. You can view his work at BeezleBugBit.com.