It's the Customer, Stupid!: 34 Wake-up Calls to Help You Stay Client-Focused
Ninety percent of dissatisfied clients will take their business elsewhere and never tell you why. However, ninety-five percent will become loyal customers again if their needs and problems are addressed and remedied.
Speaker and salesperson Michael Aun shares these secrets and many more in It's the Customer, Stupid!, a guide to growing any business by gaining new customers, and, more importantly, by keeping the ones you have happy and coming back for more. This fun-to-read book explains common myths about sales and customer satisfaction, starting with the fact that most businesses think they're customer-centric, but they just aren't.
- Get proven steps to REALLY put your customer at the center of what you do
- Distinguish your business from the competition by understanding the principle that good sales ARE good service
- Author received the Toastmasters "World Championship of Public Speaking" award and is also a full-time businessman practicing what he preaches daily
It's the Customer, Stupid! reveals key actions that will shake up your business approach. Your customers will love you for them, and you'll love the effect on sales!
Chapter 1 Unhappy Customers Will Not Only Fire You But They Will Tell Others!
Chapter 2 Great Customer Service Is About Getting The Client's Feedback.
Chapter 3 Fix The Problem, Don't Fix The Blame.
Chapter 4 Always Give Them A Baker's Dozen.
Chapter 5 Trust, Once Violated, Negates A Relationship.
Chapter 6 Somebody Has To Take Out The Trash!
Chapter 7 You Are Not The Enemy But Part Of The Solution.
Chapter 8 Communication Skills Mean Everything; Join Toastmasters Or Dale Carnegie.
Chapter 9 Prophet Versus Profit… Why Not Both?
Chapter 10 Perception Is Reality.
Chapter 11 Be A Hero Or Shero… Fix The Problem... And Then Fire Who Caused It!
Chapter 12 Nothing Takes The Place Of Good Manners.
Chapter 13 Client Loyalty Is Earned, Not Given.
Chapter 14 Nibble Away At Customer Solutions.
Chapter 15 You Can Only Be Responsible For One-Half Of A Relationship Yours!
Chapter 16 Lead The Client To Solutions.
Chapter 17 Find Out What The Customer Needs And Give It To Them.
Chapter 18 Find Out What Others Are Doing And Do Something Differently.
Chapter 19 Become A Mentor To Your Client; Coach And Counsel!
Chapter 20 Winning Is Never Final And Losing Is Never Fatal.
Chapter 21 Master Your Time Or It Will Enslave You.
Chapter 22 If You Pay Peanuts, You Get Monkeys!
Chapter 23 Mentor Your Client.
Chapter 24 Customer Driven Leadership Is About Advocacy And Mentoring.
Chapter 25 The Old Way Is Rarely The Best Way Because Change Is Constant.
Chapter 26 Respond To The Client Even If You Cannot Provide An Immediate Solution.
Chapter 27 Bad News Travels At Light Speed.
Chapter 28 Nine Rules That Drive Client Loyalty.
Chapter 29 Eight Rules To Overcome Fear And Failure!
Chapter 30 Six Rules Of Servant-Driven Leadership.
Chapter 31 Five Rules That Drive Customer Achievement And Success.
Chapter 32 Client Driven Leadership Is About Removing Roadblocks.
Chapter 33 Six Rules That Drive Client Results.
Chapter 34 Ten Rules that Drive Client Decisions and Loyalty.
About the Author.
Forcing customers to wait on hold for unreasonable periods of time. Making assumptions about a client or buyer’s needs. Creating a complicated process for getting in touch with a business. These are all practices that companies, many of which claim to have superior customer service, actually have in place!
Speaker, columnist, full-time businessman and World Champion of Public Speaking for Toastmasters International, Michael A. Aun's new book, It’s the Customer, Stupid! 34 Wake-Up Calls to Help You Stay Client-Focused clears the slate on what great customer service truly is. The book explores the myths and truths about customer satisfaction – and why many businesses and organizations, despite their claims of being customer-centric, really haven’t got a clue.
To aid businesses and salespeople looking to improve their customers’ experiences, or those looking to learn few new tips to keep their customers satisfied, Aun touches on sensitive subjects such as taking responsibility, advocacy, time management, speed of response and bad news.
It's the Customer, Stupid! discusses multiple sales-boosting tips salespeople and businesses can apply right away, including:
- Dissatisfied customers tell an average of 10 people about their bad experience. 12 percent tell up to 20 people. Happy customers will tell an average of five people about their positive experience.
- Blaming the customer is easy, but taking responsibility is harder, but believe it or not, it’s safer and more rewarding for both the business and the customer.
- If a company needs to fix something, don't make the customer work for it
- Somebody has to take out the trash. Translation: If a company makes a mistake, it may have to fire the person who caused the problem later, but for now, step in and make the customer happy again. Fix the problem, not the blame!
- Find out what others are doing and do something different
- Become a mentor to a client; coach and council
- Six Rules of service-driven leadership
- Five rules that drive customer achievement and success
- Ten rules that drive client decisions and loyalty
It’s the Customer, Stupid! not only aids businesses and salespeople in improving the customer service tactics they have in place now, but it shows readers that they can woo their disgruntled customers back, keep them and even grow sales.
It's the Customer, Stupid!: 34 Wake-up Calls to Help You Stay Client-Focused (US $24.95)
Total List Price: US $43.90
Discounted Price: US $32.92 (Save: US $10.98)