Leading Organization Design: How to Make Organization Design Decisions to Drive the Results You Want
November 2010, Jossey-Bass
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
Introduction: Why Organization Design.
1. The Five Milestones.
Milestone One: Business Case and Discovery.
2. Clarify the Strategic Priorities.
3. Define the Case for Change.
4. Set the Design Criteria.
Milestone One Summary: Business Case and Discovery.
Milestone Two: Strategic Grouping.
5. Use the Six Design Drivers.
6. Choose the Best Grouping Option.
7. Embrace the Matrix.
Milestone Two Summary: Strategic Grouping.
Milestone Three: Integration.
8. Design for Operating Governance.
9. Allocate Power in the Matrix: A Case Study in Governance.
10. Redesign Functions to Be Integrators
Milestone Three Summary: Integration.
Milestone Four: Talent and Leadership.
11. Design the Leadership Organization.
12. Make the Right Talent Choices.
Milestone Four Summary: Talent and Leadership.
Milestone Five: Transition.
13. Set the Implementation Plan.
14. Navigate the Transition.
Milestone Five Summary: Transition.
Conclusion: Organization Design in Action.
15. Roles, Involvement, and the Project Timeline.
16. The Design Charette.
17. Conclusion: Learning to Lead Organization Design.
About the Authors.